Role & Mission
Euroglaces is the voice of the ice cream industry in Europe. Its mission is to:
- work towards creating an optimum regulatory environment for all European industrial ice cream companies, whatever their size;
- promote the specific interests of the ice cream industry at European level;
- ensure consistency in the messages the ice cream industry delivers and the actions it takes.
Euroglaces acts as the representative of the whole ice cream industry in the EU, supporting its richness and variety, in close cooperation with all its members and as an active, committed and responsible stakeholder.
Euroglaces’ activities, backed up by the knowledge and the expertise provided by its members, cover all ice cream specific related matters. More specifically, Euroglaces is involved in issues of ice cream safety & quality, ice cream health & nutrition, consumer information on ice cream, etc.
The European Ice Cream Association (Euroglaces) represents through its network of national associations, small, medium-sized and large ice cream companies across Europe. Euroglaces is active in all areas of interest to the ice cream business, focusing in particular on regulatory food issues.
Promoting and defending the interests of the European ice cream business
- Euroglaces strives to achieve the best possible regulatory climate and promotes the interests of the ice cream industry at European level. It is active in all areas likely to affect the ice cream business
- To a great extent, Euroglaces is able to operate effectively thanks to its members’ knowledge, their experience and their willingness to build a common industry view on a wide array of non-competitive subjects
Activities covering all issues of interest to the ice cream industry
- The primary task of Euroglaces is to monitor and examine draft legislation, policy papers and other documents on food regulatory issues affecting the ice cream business. Euroglaces takes a functional approach, implementing proactive initiatives and concrete proposals, establishing numerous contacts with the European authorities and engaging in an open dialogue with all stakeholders.
Active at European level
- Given the growing impact of European legislation on the daily ice cream business, Euroglaces actively promotes its members' interests towards the European institutions
- Euroglaces is the ice cream’s industry representative in the European food & drink association FoodDrinkEurope, where it helps to further develop the wide range of European policies affecting the food industry in general, and the ice cream industry in particular.